Inspired by our values of collaboration, opportunity, respect and excellence, City Academy is committed to ensuring that pathways to success are as diverse and bespoke as the young people we serve.
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of 8 guidelines about what makes the best careers provision in schools and colleges. At City Academy we are developing a programme of study for students to follow based on this framework.
In addition to our careers entitlement City Academy believes in:
- Providing a framework for meeting the national statutory guidance and ensuring that the eight Gatsby Benchmarks are embedded across the Academy.
- Engaging all stakeholders, including parents and employers.
- Updating our website with information about our careers programme.
- Developing careers content in all subjects, not just PSHE.
- Taking advantage of labour market resources and make them available to all students and their parents.
- Providing ALL students with information on ALL routes.
- Providing experiences of workplaces for all students; giving students more encounters with employers.
- Adapting existing systems to track destinations and careers and enterprise activities.
Our Careers mapping action plan can be found below.
“At City Academy we are nurturing; inspiring and empowering our young people to be the best that they can be. At our school, all students will gain Careers experience where we will embed the skills, confidence and inspiration for students to make the most of their life choices and follow the career path that allows them to thrive and succeed beyond school.”